Solved Failed to load Xen kernel at boot loader

Hello

I installed xen-kernel using pkg, then made some modifications to the /boot/loader.conf file as per the instructions that were provided after pkg installed the package, but now after rebooting, when I try to boot the machine, I get
Code:
"Failed to load Xen kernel '/boot/xen' can't load 'kernel'"

None of the other options work, I don't particularly care if xen works at this point but it has effectively bricked my installation =(

I have no other information to provide other than the above, and that it is a recent (two month old) FreeBSD 13.1 installation

Please help!

Thanks

I've managed to get into the system using the following commands (although usb doesn't work at this stage...)

Code:
unload
load /boot/kernel/kernel
load /boot/kernel/opensolaris.ko
load /boot/kernel/zfs.ko
load /boot/kernel/if_iwn.ko
load /boot/kernel/iwn6000g2afw.ko
boot

The last two module loads to get wifi to work because my installation connects to wifi before it does anything.

I'm assuming the repairs to the bootloader involve reverting the changes to the /boot/loader.conf file so I'll try that first, and pkg remove xen-kernel

Yep, removing the xen_kernel and xen_cmdline (or similar, I've forgotten already) entries in /boot/loader.conf has reverted to booting the regular kernel and a smooth booting system =)

On 13.x you don't need to load opensolaris.ko, OpenZFS doesn't depend on it. Only ZFS before 13 required it.

Back