Solved Failed to add supported operating classes & no buffer space available

I got this error during install of the KDE Plasma 5 DE. I am using a TRENDnet TEW-624UB. I have no idea how to resolve this. None of the stuff I found with these errors happened during install and I don't think their server resolutions have any bearing on this here. I've barely even built the system at this point.

Attachments

• 20201229_160042.jpg
    20201229_160042.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 125
  • 20201229_104210.jpg
    20201229_104210.jpg
    707.1 KB · Views: 117
I also get these messages, but only when connecting to a network or setting up wifi in the FreeBSD installer.

The connection may be unstable, are you sure you have enough signal?

Definitely. I can tether to my phone if I have to. Going to reboot and try again.

My single is no longer connecting. My phone's tether is not even connecting.

I have an EDUP WIFI6 3000M 11AX Pro that is plug and play with Windows and Fedora, but FreeBSD doesn't see it. I have a wireless mi-fi and cannot connect via LAN port either. I am limited to the wireless signal or phone tethering.

BTW, i do recommend using packages instead if you dont need a special build.

A minimal installation of KDE5 includes the following packages:

plasma5-plasma-desktop kate spectacle sddm plasma5-kde-gtk-config plasma5-sddm-kcm dolphin konsole

BTW, i do recommend using packages instead if you dont need a special build.

A minimal installation of KDE5 includes the following packages:

plasma5-plasma-desktop kate spectacle sddm plasma5-kde-gtk-config plasma5-sddm-kcm dolphin konsole
Yeah, I was expecting an option to build from packages, but it went straight into compile. Now that I have reset I can no longer connect. When it rains it pours.

Edit: it took a few reboots, but dmesg is showing it and it's connected. I am going to try again.

You can try changing your frequency if possible:

To check your current frequency in use: ifconfig wlan0

Example:

Code:
ssid "FRITZ!Box 7590 NX" channel 13 (2472 MHz 11g)

That tells that i use 11g.

To change to 11g or 11a (which are the only currently supported frequency's from your driver)

Open /etc/rc.conf

an add to the line where ifconfig_wlan0 is: mode 11a or 11g

Example: ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP mode 11g"

I will try that next if this fails. My cat jumps on my keyboard earlier, and I thought for a split second I saw a message, but I shrugged it off. That install from source or packages message appeared this time (no cat allowed in my office for the foreseeable future) and I am installing from packages. Blessings!

So it continues where it left off earlier and not long ago it errored again. This time, it started over, and the package selection kicked in, and it took 15 minutes. Then Xorg doesn't work.

Some of this I recognize, but I need some help figuring out why I can't launch into Xorg (it told me not to restart, so not restarting seems like the plan for now):

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201229-211208_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201229-211208_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_20201229-211241_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201229-211241_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_20201229-211254_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201229-211254_Gallery.jpg
    797.9 KB · Views: 105
So it continues where it left off earlier and not long ago it errored again. This time, it started over, and the package selection kicked in, and it took 15 minutes. Then Xorg doesn't work.

Some of this I recognize, but I need some help figuring out why I can't launch into Xorg (it told me not to restart, so not restarting seems like the plan for now):
I may be slow to respond. Buddy of mine just passed from COVID. #&@$ 2020!

The usb3 port was overheating my adapter. I had purchased some
usb2 extenders that locked out the usb3 draw for power and now all is working. No more disconnects limiting the ports to 2.0 speeds and power.

Back