Facing kernel panic during early boot starting from 12.0-ALPHA9

Hi,

I have a amd64 based board, where I could able to install upto FreeBSD 12.0 ALPHA8 without any issues. But with no changes to the hardware config or BIOS, I am starting to see kernel panic from 12.0 ALPHA 9, I see the issue even the latest BETA1 image.

I am using the memstick images available in the download page (not using source or freebsd-update). Is there any known issues? or Anything changes significantly between ALPHA8 and ALPHA9

I saw this thread regarding an issue during update from ALPHA8 to ALPHA9, but that seems to do with the usage of freebsd-update.

Attached the screenshots (for ALPHA9, ALPHA10 and BETA1) for reference. FBSD 12.0 BETA 1 issue.jpgFBSD 12.0 ALPHA9 issue.jpgFBSD 12.0 ALPHA10 issue.jpg

Anything changes significantly between ALPHA8 and ALPHA9
The only significant change was OpenSSL.

Note that the ALPHA versions are not supported, the BETA1 version is the first one. That said, this is a user support forum, there are very few developers on these boards. You should report these issues on the mailing lists.

Thanks yuripv and SriDice for your response.

I am not sure whether the issue could be related to OpenSSL. Seems something to do with memory management. I have posted this question freebsd-current mailing list as well. I will follow up there. Anyway, Thanks again.

Back