Solved ezjail binary upgrade

I was reading the handbook regarding upgrading jails with ezjail and I am a bit confused.

In paragraph 14.6.4.1 it mentions that:

Code:
After updating the basejail, mergemaster(8) must be run to update each jail's configuration files.

I am planning on performing a binary upgrade, using ezjail-admin update -U -s 10[I].3-RELEASE[/I].

Do I still need to run mergemaster() in each jail?

Thanks

Yes, the mergemaster(8) step is necessary, an update from ezjail only updates the base jail. A jail's /etc/ is separate from it so it requires manual updating.

Which makes it necessary to have the sources in the jail or with Ezjail in /basejail/usr/src.

So if the jails were created with a method that is not including the sources, mergemaster(8) will fail to work.

Another valid point I seemed to have missed. I don't have the sources in my base jail....

Actually I think that having the source in the host is enough for # mergemaster -U -D /usr/jails/[I]jailname[/I]

Actually I think that having the source in the host is enough for # mergemaster -U -D /usr/jails/[I]jailname[/I]
Yes, that should work. My VPS only has sources on the host. The base jail and jails themselves don't have a source tree.

Back