Solved Ez-jail Admin Archive (File Limits) ? Does anyone know?

I have an ezjail-admin question for experienced system administrators. Is there an archive limit? I was able to archive and restore from FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE to a FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE and it worked. The one archive of a jail that exceeds 4GB; ZFS are my filesystem(s). 14GB or so, give or take. It returns a pax error asking / awaiting input for a second part (which I didn't have because it's all in the same tar.gz 14GB file).

It made me wonder if there was a limit that I am not aware of regarding ezjail-admin and ezjail-admin archive [jailname].

Thanks in advance!

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I'd like to note that 1. this smells like a (likely minor) bug in ezjail or pax and 2. if your questions is unanswered for too long, you can always RTSL. From my guess you have above-average technical understanding, thus you will be able to read source code in nearly any programming language (reading is much easier than writing), and understand enough to fish that info from the sources. (f)grep & a syntax highlighting editor are your friends. Eventually, maybe it's as simple as: the limit is that of the achiving tool used?

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I'd like to note that 1. this smells like a (likely minor) bug in ezjail or pax and 2. if your questions is unanswered for too long, you can always RTSL. From my guess you have above-average technical understanding, thus you will be able to read source code in nearly any programming language (reading is much easier than writing), and understand enough to fish that info from the sources. (f)grep & a syntax highlighting editor are your friends. Eventually, maybe it's as simple as: the limit is that of the achiving tool used?

Mjölnir,​

I much respect your wisdom and words. Duly noted and I encompass your advise!

Best Regards,

~ TruthSword

You're welcome. That site looks very professionally made. If your goals include to support & promote individual rights & those of minorities etc., great. But should I find out it's some white supremacy KKK-like thang, or some nationalistic stuff to raise your wonderful homeland above all others, I'll stop to support you here.
EDIT P.S.: I couldn't find a "About (this site)" or the like (impressum). Would be helpful.

You're welcome. That site looks very professionally made. If your goals include to support & promote individual rights & those of minorities etc., great. But should I find out it's some white supremacy KKK-like thang, or some nationalistic stuff to raise your wonderful homeland above all others, I'll stop to support you here.
EDIT P.S.: I couldn't find a "About (this site)" or the like (impressum). Would be helpful.

Mjölnir,​

I defend my Country, America, The Constitutional Republic of The United States of America from all enemies foreign and domestic. I do not remember writing anything in this post regarding any project websites that I am developing.

And since you decided to include Media Hyped Propaganda regarding Constitutionally Guaranteed and Protected (per "this Constitution" of September 17, 1787) American Born Constitutionalists being "White Supremacists"; I find that offensive and absolutely baseless.

Also; this is an open source forum community and to pigeon hole my personal projects with what you contribute to my opening threads is also not honorable.

Have a good day!

Best Regards,

~ TruthSword

Brandon Kastning
WE THE PEOPLE ONLINE
wethepeopleonline.com
U.S. Const. Art. VI, Clause 2, 3 (September 17, 1787).

Great timing on me responding to this thread to close it out.

I have solved this thread and the problem was on my end. I did not notice a difference between the file sizes on the ez-jail admin archive files for my jail.

It was 12.2GB vs. 14.1GB. Once I created a new jail on my local development machine; everything restored perfectly with new local IP's and it started up correctly with all my data. (From FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE to FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE).

Thank you all, as usual!

SOLVED!

pax errors on ezjail-admin archive = Not the correct file size of your backup!

I defend my Country, America, The Constitutional Republic of The United States of America from all enemies foreign and domestic.
That's your good right, I support that, because the US constitution is (more or less) a good one. There are worse. It may have a few flaws occasionally - like many other good constitutions - but overall it's a good one IMHO. I'm not a lawyer, though.
I do not remember writing anything in this post regarding any project websites that I am developing.
Not in your posts, but you're referencing a website URL in your signature. Thus I guessed it is yours. This guess was supported by a footer on that site, where FreeBSD is in the list of tools used to run & make it.
And since you decided to include Media Hyped Propaganda regarding Constitutionally Guaranteed and Protected (per "this Constitution" of September 17, 1787) American Born Constitutionalists being "White Supremacists"; I find that offensive and absolutely baseless.
It's just that I'm getting wary when I see so many national flags in one picture. It's well known that there are some folk in your country as well as in "mine", who pretend to defend their constitution, but at the same time take it for granted that equal rights does not apply for minorities, be it color of skin, ethnic heritage, philosophy of life, religion, etc.pp.. You can find these folk in any country all over the world, and often it's them who like to have plenty of their country's flags on their ground, physical & virtual. These guys like to catch new supporters by hiding their fascist ideology with harmless looking clubs (for the youth) & websites. I wrote above that an impressum can easily avoid any doubts. So if you just honestly & sincerely stand to promote the US constitution in the public, great! I like that, it's very good to remind the people on some common ground from time to time. But if OTOH you're one of those catchers, then, yes, I do like to offend you.
Also; this is an open source forum community and to pigeon hole my personal projects with what you contribute to my opening threads is also not honorable.
I did not demand you to put that URL in your signature:

Back