Solved ext4 permissions

Hello forum,

12.1-RELEASE

I am able to mount an ext4 drive like so as a normal user:
Code:
fuse-ext2 /dev/ada2p1 /media/4G
If I try as root it mounts empty, meaning no files are visible. I can read files after mounting as a normal user but I can't change or add anything in any of the directories since it mounts "Read Only". From a terminal I am unable to change permissions as well.

Is there a solution for such things?

Thank you,

I picked up this command from another thread but it is not working for me.

Code:
# lklfuse -o type=xfs /dev/ada2p1 /media/4G

It does not give an error.

Are there commands to mount the drive
lklfuse -o type=ext4,allow_other /dev/ada2p1 /media/4G

You can query for addition options with lklfuse -h .

and modify /etc/fstab?
Code:
/dev/ada2p1 /media/4G        fuse    rw,type=ext4,allow_other,mountprog=/usr/local/bin/lklfuse 0 0

I picked up this command from another thread but it is not working for me.
Code:
# lklfuse -o type=xfs /dev/ada2p1 /media/4G

Your thread subject suggests that a ext4 filesystem is to be mounted, when the type is set to xfs ( Extents File System ) but the file system is ext4, then it won’t work.

After installing sysutils/fusefs-l what should be next? Are there commands to mount the drive

If you have trouble what command to execute, look first what files the program package has installed, execute pkg info -l fusefs-lkl, look if there is a man page listed, if there is, call that manual, if there isn't, like in the case of fusefs-lkl, then execute the command, which exact name you have learned by looking at the pkg info -l list, with -h or --help option, that will, in general, display all options. Or you can always resort to the search function of these forums. It may help to find the necessary information fast. If the search doesn’t return a satisfying result, you can afterwards ask your favourite search engine.

Note: There is only one downside with sysutils/fusefs-lkl, when a file/directory in the lklfuse mounted ext4 partition is created, it is created sometimes with a correct timestamp, but mostly with a Jan 1 1970 timestamp. On the other hand it’s the most reliable solution to mount Linux filesystems read/write mode on FreeBSD.

So something strange is happening. The drive seems to be mounted, seems because when I clicked on it on the file manager, nothing shows up nothing is displayed but, MPD can access music files on there and plays them via ncmpcpp.

Thanks for your help.

Success! Thunar was complaining about Trash-1000. Logged into Linux, manually deleted the folder, and all is good.

Back