Expresso.bins big brother

Well the Double Shot is $379 and that is not outrageous, but on checkout it was charging $71 for Shipping and 4 weeks delivery time.

How about this bad grammar:
Single Shot
The Marvell MACCHIATObin Single Shot offer a balanced development board for making and project a reality.

Well the Double Shot is $379 and that is not outrageous, but on checkout it was charging $71 for Shipping and 4 weeks delivery time.

How about this bad grammar:
Single Shot
The Marvell MACCHIATObin Single Shot offer a balanced development board for making and project a reality.

Why is this always. That sort of thing really turns my photons off. Anyway, I looked pretty closely at the Expressobin kickstarter boards (up to 8G mem) - but decided I had enough routers for one person. But wow - the ARM board you mention optionally comes with 16G ram (very nice). Still, it's not speedy enough for the alternative uses I'd contemplate, since (unlike you apparently) - I'm not running my own telecom outfit :)

I would rather they leave the RAM off all-together. I bet I could source the modules cheaper. Plus ECC looks like an option.
Now what about the chassis. I want to see a cheap chassis like PC Engines offers. Not some google compute cloud gibberish.
Barebones with a chassis for $400 shipped would be bearable.
I appreciate your comments on being a telcom. But if you look at competing products it is hard to get dual 10Gbase-T board for that money. Netgates ADI boxes sold for much more, granted they were outfited.
I have been using Gigabit Ethernet since the Tyan TigerMP dual athalon board. That was 20 years ago. Time for some 10G,

Back