• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Experiencing lag using three finger drag with Apple Magic Trackpad

Prez Cannady

Not sure if this should go here or in Xorg.conf, but seeing as I don't have xorg.conf configured anywhere, I'll try here first.

Issue

When attempting to drag a window, there is a noticeable lag between executing the three finger gesture and the cursor taking hold of the window. Similarly, there is a lag between ending the gesture and the cursor releasing the window. There is no lag in dragging or releasing with a standard mouse.

System

• Host
    • iMac 14,2 (A1419), 32 GB memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M w/ 4096 MB vRAM
    • VirtualBox 5.1.28
    • FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE r321309
    • latest channel enabled
    • virtualbox-guest-additions-5.1.28 installed

SirDice

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

When attempting to drag a window, there is a noticeable lag between executing the three finger gesture and the cursor taking hold of the window. Similarly, there is a lag between ending the gesture and the cursor releasing the window. There is no lag in dragging or releasing with a standard mouse.
I'd say this issue is either with MacOS itself or with the Mac version of VirtualBox. I doubt the guest OS has anything to do with it. A guest VM only 'sees' a standard PS/2 or USB mouse.