Solved evolution-data-server very, very hard to build, infact it doesn't build on all my systems

Like in the subject.

Code:
 -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/libsecret-1 -I/usr/local/include/libsoup-2.4 -pthread -I/usr/local/include/libxml2 -I/usr/local/include/nspr -I/usr/local/include/nss -I/usr/local/include/nss/nss -I/usr/local/include/db5 -I/usr/local/include/gcr-3 -I/usr/local/include/gck-1 -I/usr/local/include/p11-kit-1 -I/usr/local/include/gio-unix-2.0/ -I/usr/local/include/json-glib-1.0 -I/usr/local/include/libgdata -I/usr/local/include/goa-1.0 -I/usr/local/lib/goa-1.0/include -MD -MT tests/libebook/vcard/CMakeFiles/dump-vcard.dir/dump-vcard.c.o -MF tests/libebook/vcard/CMakeFiles/dump-vcard.dir/dump-vcard.c.o.d -o tests/libebook/vcard/CMakeFiles/dump-vcard.dir/dump-vcard.c.o   -c /usr/ports/databases/evolution-data-server/work/evolution-data-server-3.28.5/tests/libebook/vcard/dump-vcard.c
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
===> Compilation failed unexpectedly.
Try to set MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and rebuild before reporting the failure to
the maintainer.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/databases/evolution-data-server
*** Error code 1

any help and/or idea? Thank you!

PS: Like I said this happen in ALL my systems.

What version of FreeBSD? What version of the port are you trying to build?

And ... the excerpt doesn't show any error message from a compiler or linker, so no clues. The real error probably happened a bit earlier, so scroll up if necessary to find it.

What version of FreeBSD? What version of the port are you trying to build?
Code:
FreeBSD freebsd12 12.0-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE-p3 GENERIC  i386

This same error happened to six different FreeBSD machines, running various versions of FreeBSD between 11 and 12, all RELEASE.

The problem was always related with the interaction of ICU and the installed version of evolution-data-server Libebackend library.

ICU was up to date and evolution-data-server port build tree cleaned.

Now, the problem was it requested an old version of ICU. I just solved this deinstalling the old version of evolution-data-server from the disk. Then evolution-data-server build fine even with the latest version of ICU.

Now, my question is: before the install stage, shouldn't be ininfluent to the build tree the old version of the package you are building and installed and running on the disk?

Back