Etoile

http://etoileos.com/etoile
Étoilé intends to be an innovative GNUstep based user environment built from the ground up on highly modular and light components with project and document orientation in mind, in order to allow users to create their own workflow by reshaping or recombining provided Services (aka Applications), Components etc. Flexibility and modularity on both User Interface and code level should allow us to scale from PDA to computer environment.

A couple of month ago i saw this DE description in wiki and became mad about its screenshots.
I couln't run it though.

Does anybody use it?

BTW, today 0.4.1 was released, could somebody port it? :r

Do you mean 'port etoile' or 'port etoile 0.4.1'? Because 0.4.0 is right here:

Code:
x11/etoile                Metaport for Etoile desktop

You could nudge the port maintainer, whose address is in the port's Makefile.

I remember trying to run Etoile before but had problems starting it. Are there any special steps you need do take than just make install etoile from ports and then change .xinitrc to etoile ?

It looks really really nice, but it's only 0.4, so what's your opinion about it ?
well, i'm still using kde. it looks nice, yeah, but its wm is quite inconvenient. Also there isn't any filemanager yet.

can yoy explain step by step how you installed it from svn?
just svn it and read INSTALL :) There's also INSTALL.FreeBSD file there.
But it will be definitely easier to install 0.4.1 from ports: trunks are almost the same.

compiling from ports

Hi,

i tryed compile etopile from ports and there is error:
Code:
Making all for app ScriptServices...
 Creating ScriptServices.app/....
 Compiling file ScriptServices.m ...
 Linking app ScriptServices ...
/usr/local/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries/libEtoileFoundation.so: undefined reference to `__sync_fetch_and_sub_4'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[1]: *** [ScriptServices.app/./ScriptServices] Error 1
gmake: *** [ScriptServices.all.app.variables] Error 2
*** Error code 2

can u help me?

Back