errors on portupgrade

I did
Code:
[cmd=#]portupgrade -a[/cmd]
and got a list of failed packages with errors, as listed below.
How to deal with patch error, liner error and checksum mismatch?

The listed below means the output I received at the end of portupgrade having finished. A pkg upower was not installed or upgraded because of linker error, brasero got checksum mismatch and PackageKit got patch error. I hope this is clear now.

nu2fbsd said:
The listed below means the output I received at the end of portupgrade having finished. A pkg upower was not installed or upgraded because of linker error, brasero got checksum mismatch and PackageKit got patch error. I hope this is clear now.

Not clear, not at all. Post the exact error messages and the messages leading up to it please.

SirDice said:
Not clear, not at all. Post the exact error messages and the messages leading up to it please.

Is there a log from where I can get the exact error messages?

Code:
Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/upower.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa /tmp/portupgrade20100827-38112-1e59n22-0 env UPGRADE_TOOL=portupgrade UPGRADE_PORT=upower-
0.9.4_1 UPGRADE_PORT_VER=0.9.4_1 make
** Fix the problem and try again.
! sysutils/upower (upower-0.9.4_1)	(linker error)

nu2fbsd said:
Code:
Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/upower.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa /tmp/portupgrade20100827-38112-1e59n22-0 env UPGRADE_TOOL=portupgrade UPGRADE_PORT=upower-
0.9.4_1 UPGRADE_PORT_VER=0.9.4_1 make
** Fix the problem and try again.
! sysutils/upower (upower-0.9.4_1)	(linker error)

That's the portupgrade error, but it doesn't show what happened with upower. You can capture the output to see where the first real error happened.

This is what I found on doing # portupgrade upower

Code:
upowerd-up-daemon.o(.text+0x3ec): In function `up_daemon_set_powersave':

: undefined reference to `up_backend_get_powersave_command'

Is this the problem we are looking for, that is causing linker error?

Back