Errors on 'devmatch' after migrating from 12.0 CURRENT to 11.2 RELEASE

Hello!
I've migrated from 12.0 CURRENT to 11.2 RELEASE, everything seems fine except i can see errors about 'starting devd' when system booting up.
devmatch does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup directories.
I see about twenty of them in system startup.

Actually 'devmatch' resides with other programs in /sbin , but when i tried to run it manually, i received this error:
/sbin/devmatch: Undefined symbol "fstat@FBSD_1.5"

Could somebody help me about this. Thanks.

Downgrading is typically a bad idea. But my first guess would be that you forgot to run mergemaster(8) or didn't run it properly.

Considering that I don't have /sbin/devmatch on 11.2 I can only conclude that this is a binary which is specific for 12-CURRENT. Did you also run # make delete-old during the migration? Even if you did it still makes some sense I think; you can't really (safely) delete that which you're not aware of.

Anyway, I'd go hunt down devmatch in your /etc structure and remove any entries if applicable.

(edit)

About devd. It uses /etc/devd.conf as well as files in /etc/devd, so you might want to check up with those as well. Worse case scenario would be replacing the whole lot. /usr/src/etc contains the originals so you could try and replace the config files which you have right now with the default originals.

Considering that I don't have /sbin/devmatch on 11.2 I can only conclude that this is a binary which is specific for 12-CURRENT. Did you also run # make delete-old during the migration? Even if you did it still makes some sense I think; you can't really (safely) delete that which you're not aware of.

Anyway, I'd go hunt down devmatch in your /etc structure and remove any entries if applicable.

(edit)

About devd. It uses /etc/devd.conf as well as files in /etc/devd, so you might want to check up with those as well. Worse case scenario would be replacing the whole lot. /usr/src/etc contains the originals so you could try and replace the config files which you have right now with the default originals.

Hello there and thanks for the reply,
I'll try this out and feedback tonight :)

Back