Error with M4..

Dear all,

I want to install mysql from ports via "cd /usr/ports/database/mysql51-server" command, n continue to "make install".. but what happen is, my installation is never finish..it's always repeat automatically continue n continue again..i try to stop the instalation in the middle of progress.. and this is the warning :

Code:
cd . && /bin/sh /usr/ports/databases/mysql51-client/work/mysql-5.1.33/missing --run autoconf
 cd . && /bin/sh /usr/ports/databases/mysql51-client/work/mysql-5.1.33/missing --run automake-1.10 --foreign 
automake-1.10: not found
autoconf: not found
WARNING: `autoconf' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
         you modified `configure.in'.  You might want to install the
         `Autoconf' and `GNU m4' packages.  Grab them from any GNU
         archive site.
WARNING: `automake-1.10' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
         you modified `Makefile.am', `acinclude.m4' or `configure.in'.
         You might want to install the `Automake' and `Perl' packages.
         Grab them from any GNU archive site.
/bin/sh ./config.status --recheck
running CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/sh /bin/sh ./configure --localstatedir=/var/db/mysql --infodir=/usr/local/info --without-debug --without-readline --without-libedit --with-libwrap --with-low-memory --with-comment=FreeBSD port: mysql-client-5.1.33 --enable-thread-safe-client --with-plugins=max-no-ndb --enable-assembler --with-named-thread-libs=-pthread --without-server --prefix=/usr/local --mandir=/usr/local/man --infodir=/usr/local/info/ --build=i386-portbld-freebsd7.1 build_alias=i386-portbld-freebsd7.1 CC=cc CFLAGS=-O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe  CXX=c++ CXXFLAGS=-O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe  -felide-constructors -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions --no-create --no-recursion
checking build system type... i386-portbld-freebsd7.1

i thought it was because i don't have : "automake", "autoconf", n "GNU M4" package, but, when i start to : pkg_add "autoconf", or "automake" first, an error shows is :

Code:
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel
checking whether build environment is sane... configure: error: newly created file is older than distributed files!
Check your system clock
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to [email]johans@stack.nl[/email] [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/devel/m4/work/m4-1.4.12/config.log" including the output of the
failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to provide an
overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/m4.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/m4.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/autoconf262.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/automake110.

Even when i try to install "m4" package, the error still same.. :(

Well then, i can't install the package, and mysql too.. :(

Plz help me..what should i do to solve this things..

Thanks,

Cruz

ic hopen thisse holpen

Well, you might want to do as the error message says, and "Check your clock."

Also, any given package should pull in the auto* stuff if it needs it. My general policy on any failure with those is to:
Step 0: % ls /var/db/pkg/auto* (to make sure nothing I want to keep is named auto*)
then
Code:
# pkg_delete -f /var/db/pkg/auto\*
And try the install again.

If that fails, try manually installing them from ports (not packages), like
Code:
 # cd /usr/ports/devel/m4 && make install clean
and so on, for the auto* stuff as well.

You might consider reupdating your ports tree as well, in case you got a weird, bum set.

If that fails, well . . . I have found alcohol to be a wonderful source of comfort.

@DutchDaemon, i am so sorry about that sir, and thanks to fix it.. :D

@fronclynne, thanks sir, i was try to remove auto* package, but there is no auto* package that i should remove.. -___-" so i check the clock system, i fix it..and continue to reinstall the package, and it's done..Hehehe..thanks about ur clue sir.. :D

Back