Error removing KDE packages

I uninstalled the kdegames and lib kdegames package, then when trying to clean the system with autoremove try to uninstall the entire KDE desktop !! why ??? so I re-installed the packages and I still get the error when doing the pkg autoremove, The same happens when uninstalling keedu, it seems that KDE meta packages are not allowed to be uninstalled.

removingKDEPackages.png

You probably installed by installing the meta package. Autoremove works by tracking which packages you explicitly installed. Any package that was only installed as a dependency will be removed by autoremove if there's no package left depending on it. Removing any KDE package will also remove the meta package, as it depends on it. If you want to only have parts of KDE installed, you can't use the meta package and need to explicitly install the packages you want.

You can also solve this now by setting all the packages you want to keep to "not automatic" with the -A 0 flag of pkg-set(8).

Thank you very much for your answer, when KDE is installed it brings all the meta packages installed by default, so I want to remove things I don't need. If I remove kopete for example which is a package that depends on the KDE base the same error also occurs, if I remove the packages individually with one that also depends on the base and want to remove the entire desktop, is there any procedure or solution? I want to leave KDE alone with what is necessary.

sudo pkg set -A 0 kdegames then sudo pkg autoremove still i get error :(

removingKDEPackages_2.png

Install x11/plasma5-plasma. That's a "blank" KDE desktop (as clean as possible at least). Then add what you need/want instead of working the other way around. The meta port x11/kde5 is meant as a convenience, it installs everything but the kitchen sink.

Oh SirDice Thank you very much for your answer! I really didn't know there was another KDE Plasma variant! I'll try that one.

You were right SirDice, I already installed the version of KDE plasma5-plasma, it is beautiful, with just a little to work, it depends on the hardware and configuration of the computer it is possible that some packages are missing such as the volume control etc but it is something that little by little next to the applications we need we can customize it to taste, I think we can say that this thread has been solved and im very happy with my new KDE desktop version.

myKDE.png

Back