error message at boot

Hi, I installed fresh the current version on an old laptop. It's been years since I've got the chance to use this, but enjoy figuring it out. I am getting a message at boot that I cannot find any information on it at all and was wondering if anyone knows where I can find out about it.
Code:
Kernel: Failed to add WC MTRR for [0xb0000000-0xbfffffff]: -22; performance may suffer
any help is appreciated
Thanks

That's good. Sort of. FreeBSD 12.0 is end-of-life now, upgrade to 12.1 first.

It's rather important to get this right. Please check, post the output from freebsd-version -uk.

Hi, I installed fresh the current version on an old laptop. It's been years since I've got the chance to use this, but enjoy figuring it out. I am getting a message at boot that I cannot find any information on it at all and was wondering if anyone knows where I can find out about it.
Code:
Kernel: Failed to add WC MTRR for [0xb0000000-0xbfffffff]: -22; performance may suffer
any help is appreciated
Thanks
That error message is from graphics/drm-kmod. You can ignore or silence him from /etc/syslog.conf.

Alright, thanks. Ive looked everywhere and cant find WC MTRR referenced. Now to get a desktop printer going and a older plotter 🤯

Appreciate the info thanks

Looks like a red herring.
WC=Write Combining
MTRR=Memory Type Range Register
"Enabling write-combining allows bus write transfers to be combined into a larger transfer before bursting over the PCI/AGP bus. This can increase performance of image write operations 2.5 times or more."

Back