Error after update

After updating FreeBSD 14 the following error occurred.
Code:
ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/sbin/pkg: Undefined symbol "__libc_start1@FBSD_1.7"
Can you tell me what could be causing this?

Full description
Code:
# pkg upgrade
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
New version of pkg detected; it needs to be installed first.
The following 1 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

Installed packages to be UPGRADED:
        pkg: 1.17.5_1 -> 1.19.1_1

Number of packages to be upgraded: 1

9 MiB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: Y
[1/1] Fetching pkg-1.19.1_1.pkg: 100%    9 MiB   4.8MB/s    00:02
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
[1/1] Upgrading pkg from 1.17.5_1 to 1.19.1_1...
[1/1] Extracting pkg-1.19.1_1: 100%
You may need to manually remove /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf if it is no longer needed.
ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/sbin/pkg: Undefined symbol "__libc_start1@FBSD_1.7"

Just for completeness: That's because -CURRENT is a constantly moving target and binary packages for -CURRENT are always built on/for a pretty recent version. So, the "solution" is to upgrade your base system.

In fact, as you have to ask this question, I have doubts you really want to run a constantly changing development version. Therefore, the real solution is: Install a -RELEASE version.

Don't upgrade from 13.x-RELEASE. Instead, install it neat and ask questions concerning FreeBSD-14 on the mailing list, not here.

Emrion, if there's an actual reason to use -CURRENT, that is. Which I kind of doubt here, this question would probably surprise the list a bit as well.

No just saying oh, this must be the "latest and greatest" is not a valid reason. In fact, more often than not, it's the result of a misconception about how FreeBSD works. Especially with prior experience with "Linux distributions", that typically don't offer completely separated applications (ports).

Use pkg-static to bootstrap (force upgrade) pkg.
This would probably allow to install, but still won't help as long as the binary packages don't match the base system's ABI which seems to be the case here.

Actually, after having a look, I guess the problem is related to https://cgit.freebsd.org/src/commit/?id=51015e6d0f570239b0c2088dc6cf2b018928375d and given the latest package build for 14/amd64 happened before that, I now think cracauer@ is correct, for now the only way would be to build packages yourself.

Still I'd say the sane way to go is to just install a -RELEASE version.

Back