Err::CERT_DATE_INVALID on chrome

Hey everyone,
so I was working on a virtual Lab where I have a freeBSD webserver and a Windows client with Chrome installed.
I set up SSL configs in the webserver and made the windows client trust his certificate. But the thing is I keep getting the following error
Cap.jpg

when I click in the error text it shows expires date january 2020 and current date the exact current date
I also checked the server time and the client; the server' s is the same as the client's
I'm lost here ... Please help ...

I set up SSL configs in the webserver and made the windows client trust his certificate.
Make sure you install the whole certificate chain on the webserver, not just the server's certificate. Also make sure the start date is correct. You can create certificates that are valid from a date in the future. If the certificate's start date is in the future it's not valid today.

Is this a self-signed certificate?

Not sure with this browser but you can usually look at the details of the whole certificate. Besides an end-date, certificates also have a start date.

What about the dates on the CA certificate you generated?

I have both root certificate and server certificate on my server ... I created a rootCA and used it to sign the server certificate as I said it was a selfsigned one ... In the windows client, I imported both the root and server certs in both personal and trusted root certificates
So what do I need to do ???

You should only import the root CA (your self-signed one) on the client.

If possible can you start fresh? Generate a new CA certificate, sign it, then generate a new server certificate. You can spend a couple of days trying to figure it out or start fresh and have it working in less than an hour. I sometimes get weird issues too, usually because I accidentally got the order wrong or missed some option I should have set. Starting over is often the quickest way to fix it.

Hey guys ... I figured it out ... certificate start date was for today, so I changed the windows client date to the next day and BAM it worked ....
Anyway thank you guys

Back