Other Enable smartd logging in /var/log/messages

I'm running smartd to monitor my zfs drives. I've created these /usr/local/etc/smartd.conf entries

Code:
/dev/ada0 -m user@domain -M test # sends me an email every time the daemon restarts or reloads
/dev/da0 -a -o on -S on -n standby -s (S/../../1|4/01|L/../07|22/./02) -W 10,35,35 -p -m user@domain
/dev/da1 -a -o .... etcetc

I get the conformation mail and the daemon is just running fine after a sudo service smartd start, but nothing appears in my /var/log/messages. Normally only smartd-errors appear there, but I'd like to see messages every time a short or long test is run as well. What should be changed in the config?

As far as I know it's only going to send an email if the state changes compared to the previous runs.

As far as I know it's only going to send an email if the state changes compared to the previous runs.
Indeed, and that's the problem :) So I think I found it. /var/log/messages only catches level notice and above and the smartd runs are info level. So I changed my syslog.conf and added
Code:
daemon.*        /var/log/daemon.log
Created daemon.log and set the permissions correct with chmod 600 and now let's see what happens

Back