Solved EmulateWheel option on X.Org mousedrv.

Hello everyone!
On my fresh install of FreeBSD on the Lenovo X220, I installed Xorg through pkg, and managed to get it running out of the box (everything auto-configured fine). I however want to add the emulate wheel feature to my three button mouse. In mousedrv(4), I notice that there is an option EmulateWheel in the Xorg mouse driver, which is disabled by default.
To enable it, I write /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/mouse0-scroll.conf as follows:

Code:
Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "mouse0"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "auto"
    Option "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
    Option "EmulateWheel" "on"
    Option "EmulateWheelButton" "2"
EndSection

However this does not work and mouse behavior remains the same. My desired properties are not seen in xinput --list-props, moreover it seems Xorg ignores configuration entirely; grep -i inputdevice /var/log/Xorg.0.log returns no output.

On further inspection I notice that xorg.conf(5) explains that InputDevice sections will not be read on systems with hald or udev (I figure that extends to devd). In that case, I am lost on how to get my driver options up in X.

By the way, moused is not enabled in rc.conf though it always seems to be running, I believe it is called by devd, whenever my USB mouse is plugged in. That is why I set "Device" to "/dev/sysmouse" above.

Do any of you know how I can get InputSection recognised by Xorg under devd?

Well, the new way to do keyboard settings is like this:
Code:
root@kg-core1# cat /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/keyboard-no.conf
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "keyboard defaults"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "no"
EndSection
so perhaps something like this will work, in /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/mouse.conf
Code:
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "mouse settings"
        MatchIsPointer "yes"
        Option "EmulateWheel" "on"
        Option "EmulateWheelButton" "2"
EndSection
warning - I haven't tested this.
YMMV

Back