Solved EGLStream?

How do I use this thing? xD

I got this from Chromium:
Window system binding vendor Google Inc. (NVIDIA Corporation)
XDG_SESSION_TYPE wayland
Ozone platform x11

I actually never really used Wayland before and so far it's been a "work with the lid off" day because apparently it can hijack VT switches, and other hijinks. Can it be used with Xwayland? Does the application have to be explicitly aware of it?

Based on some recent port changes I get the impression Xwayland will handle some things.

I don't know if it makes any difference but I put __EGL_VENDOR_LIBRARY_FILENAMES=/usr/local/share/glvnd/egl_vendor.d/10_nvidia.json in my environment.

Hm, changing that to /usr/local/share/egl/egl_external_platform.d/10_nvidia_wayland.json causes Chromium to fail initializing EGL, so I assume it's not working.

I played around with it quite a bit, but didn't get a chance to test Chromium yet, which added a new ozone platform for Wayland in ports. I think it's known and unsupported on Optimus setups because it can't grab the framebuffer, but I don't see why EGLStream can't work where the driver is driving the display too, which should be the case for most people. Seems like gbm has largely made this a non-issue, but some KDE stuff might use EGLStream still? Not sure. To answer my own question, as long as EGL works this should all be sorted out without environment variables. In my case EGL doesn't really work, though eglinfo output looks sane.

I'm using Wayland pretty reliably now, but I'm setting Firefox to fall back to GL with gfx.x11-egl.force-disabled.

I'll mark this as solved, since it was sort of "overcome by events" with gbm, at least for wlroots based stuff.

I didn't really have any luck with the 510+ drivers either.

Back