Solved editors/libreoffice PDF export broken

Is it only me seeing this problem?
In editors/libreoffice 6.4.4 onward exporting to PDF is broken, same as printing to PDF from LO. This concerns only text; graphical objects and tables are exported all right. This happens in my locally built 6.4.4 and in official package version (6.4.4.2) as well.

The system is CURRENT, two different installations, for testing purposes. One with prebuilt packages, the other with local packages. Firefox printing to PDF works fine.
Reported a bug.

The silly and impossible workaround that works is change default printing method (Tools > Print > Options > uncheck PDF as default job format) to PS. Then print to PS file and convert using ps2pdf.

• Thanks
Reactions: a6h
Oh, thanks for the reminder :). But I wonder if anybody has the same under 12.1. Just confirming that the same version works fine here will tell for sure that it's CURRENT to blame and not some LO port bug.

I'm still using 6.3.6 under 12.1, so I can't possibly know.

12.1-RELEASE-p6 GENERIC amd64 and libreoffice-6.4.4
Export to pdf is fine, but Print doesn't work (I rarely use Print ...).

BTW, did you know you can still print with lpr command from LO?
You can also check trying to print to file with PS format. If the resulting PS file is ok, then the problem is rather with printer setup.
For that you can check this post.

I tried it again, your PS workaround works here.
BTW, apart from the possible LO complications, we have pdf2ps and ps2pdf filters that can be used in order to convert the print output "on the fly". This can be set in /etc/princap for default printer with lpd. Which, in turn, can be used by placing a customized /usr/local/lib/libreoffice/share/psprint/psprint.conf file in your .config/libreoffice/4/user/psprint directory.

• Thanks
Reactions: a6h
… Reported a bug.

I can't see it: <https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?component=Individual Port(s)&list_id=430502&order=changeddate DESC,bug_id&product=Ports & Packages&query_format=advanced&resolution=---&short_desc=editors/libreoffice&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr>

… 6.4.4 onward exporting to PDF is broken, … text …

7.1.4.2 works for me. Tested with Writer, PDF attached.

Code:
% uname -KUv
FreeBSD 14.0-CURRENT #100 main-n247798-f39dd6a9784: Thu Jul  8 07:38:23 BST 2021     root@mowa219-gjp4-8570p:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/GENERIC-NODEBUG  1400025 1400025
%

Attachments

• example.pdf
    24 KB · Views: 84
All technical documentation today comes in PDF format, for viewing documents in which the free utility Adobe Acrobat Reader is used. There's a lot of utility there, so it's best to familiarize yourself with the rules of use.
What exactly is the meaning of this?

Back