Solved e16 failed to execute login command : slim

This is basically a fresh install of FreeBSD, as I'm still in the until I get it exactly the way I want it with hdds and space sharing between Linux and FreeBSD. Hopefully, this will be the last install of FreeBSD on this laptop.

I have other w/m installed, they all work ok with slim, my prior installs of FreeBSD and e16 and slim no issues. Now for some reason I do not know, slim is not allowing e16 to log in.

I can switch tty's and start e16 via starte16 in .xinitrc using startx which I am currently in e16. Only one time I got slim to login w/e16 by modifying the line in startx
Code:
enable_xauth=0
#enable_xauth=1
now today no go, either way 1 or 0. I just keep getting this failed to execute login command, then slim kicks me back to the login screen.

I've delete, reinstalled. changed the e16.desktop Exec=e16 in lue of Exec=/usr/local/share/e16/misc/starte16

/usr/local/bin/starte16 is just a symlink to the former above.

I'm stuck...

the paths to statements were all out of place, soft links in /usr/local/bin and in the desktop in xsessions, I had to re link and correct the errors in the desktop file to have the correct absolute paths

Back