Other Dualport NVMe

I am trying to build a system using two nodes and dualport NVMe with PLX switch.

It is necessary to set up a multipath, but there is little information and it is difficult.
Is there a way to set up multipath with the NVME controller of another node?

I think we need NTB,
There is not much information here and it is not working.

This question sounds weird to me. If you have dual port NVME then you just can connect each port to its node and use as simultaneously as file system or application running on top is able. Multipath usually means multiple connections between host and storage device. But it makes no sense for NVMe, since dual port NVMe (at least U.2) connected to one host should turn into single port of double width.

Thank you for reply.

I use Supermicro SSG-2029P-DN2R24L.
Two node use same dual port NVME with each PCIe switch.

However, from each node, you can see two NVME controllers,
Since there is only one path, both nodes cannot refer to the same area.

Either I don't understand your or it makes no sense to me. The documentation for the mentioned system tells about dual-ported NVMe drives. Unfortunately I don't see the midplane diagram there, but as I would guess dual-ported NVMe drives inserted into this system should present separate PCIe x2 port to each of the two nodes, allowing simultaneous access to the same storage. If the drives you are trying to use do not support dual-ported mode, then probably only one of nodes will be able to access them.

Thank you for reply.

I am using Samsung PM1725B,
When writing to the same NVME from two nodes,
If the writing of other nodes cannot be seen, it will not work properly.

I think that special settings such as multipath are required on the OS.

Back