Driver for PCTV DVB-S2 461e Stick

Three months later still no progress...

PCTV DVB-S2 461e Stick is made by Hauppauge so it's not exactly a no name device and I would have thought there would be some support for it.

The earlier model (460e) required webcamd >= 3.1.0.4 and tda10071 firmware dvb-fe-tda10071.fw but I was never able to find that. Anyone know where to look?

I've returned to this topic because I've just managed to get it working with Tvheadend and Oscam on Debian Linux and would much prefer to have it working on FreeBSD.

If it is a USB stick then it will have a vendor and product ID. I have not investigated BSD thoroughly enough to know whether it has a video-for-bsd API like linux has. If so, then most likely the product ID for the newer device would have to be registered with the driver so that the kernel recognizes it. You are now into the realm of kernel programming, so unless there is interest in supporting that particular device, you are probably on your own and will be doing some kernel module modifications.

I read the device matrix for the earlier model. I'd suggest contacting the developer listed for the 460e for more information.

Back