Solved Download source code of an older ports

Hi,
I ran portsnap fetch && portsnap update, but I just realized I need an old version of mail/mailman (2.1.26_4).
How can I do this?
I am using FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p11
Thank you

In my opinion your best bet is to grab that version from the Mailman website and then try to install it manually.

See, the problem is that ports have dependencies, and they're also often patched. Both to comply to FreeBSD standards, but sometimes also with the assumption of having those dependencies. So it remains to be seen if grabbing an old port would actually work. Because it's dependencies could be fully messed up because of its age.

(do note that this is a guess on my part because I don't have hands-on experience with the Mailman port myself).
Any particular reason why you need that old version?

(do note that this is a guess on my part because I don't have hands-on experience with the Mailman port myself).
Any particular reason why you need that old version?

Hi ShelLuser,
on this system, I use packages, but I needed to compile mailman from ports because of some options, not suitable in my environment.
Since I noticed this from pkg audit:

Code:
Checking for packages with security vulnerabilities:
mailman-2.1.26_4

I tried to update ports tree and install mailman, but I got this error:

Code:
# make reinstall
===>   mailman-2.1.27 depends on executable: postfix - found
===>   mailman-2.1.27 depends on package: py27-dnspython>=0 - found
===>   mailman-2.1.27 depends on package: autoconf>=2.69 - found
===>   mailman-2.1.27 depends on package: automake>=1.16.1 - not found
===>  Installing for automake-1.16.1
===>   Registering installation for automake-1.16.1 as automatic
*** Error code 70

Stop.
make[4]: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/automake
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[3]: stopped in /usr/ports/devel/automake
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/ports/mail/mailman
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/mail/mailman
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/mail/mailman

So, I wondering what could be my best option.
Thank you

Yup, that's basically it. And it'll be quicker if you do svn log /usr/ports/mail/mailman | less, instead of browsing change sets on all packages.

And it'll be quicker if you do svn log /usr/ports/mail/mailman | less, instead of browsing change sets on all packages.
I usually just browse Freshports. When you browse to the port in question there's a few of the most recent commits on the same page.

Also it is possible to use ports-mgmt/portdowngrade to use an older port version,
use it like this, # portdowngrade x11/xterm, then choose revision
and execute # portdowngrade x11/xterm r<revision>.

Back