Double-click not working with moused

I do not have moused specifically configured but it does seem to be loaded at boot which I assume is normal. For some reason when moused is running I cannot double click anything. If I kill the moused process then everything works as normal.

How can I either stop moused from loading at boot or fix the double-click problem with moused? The man page has the -C option but it only appears to be for the console and not X.
I can't really tell the difference between using moused or not so I'm happy with either option.

Xorg uses, by default, /dev/sysmouse, which is a virtual device created by moused(8). If you kill moused(8) the mouse shouldn't work at all any more. However, if it continues to work in Xorg then you've most likely configured Xorg incorrectly.

For USB mice moused(8) is automatically loaded through rules in devd(8). It detects the mouse and launches moused(8) for that device.

How can I either stop moused from loading at boot

To disable moused put in /etc/rc.conf

If your mouse is USB, use moused_nondefault_enable="NO", any other mouse type use moused_enable="NO", more info in rc.conf(5), search for ""moused".

If you need more help with the mouse settings, tell us:

- Brand/model
- Type (USB, PS/2, serial)
- The output of grep mouse /etc/rc.conf
- The output of dmesg | grep -i mouse
- The file content where you configure the mouse (If you are configuring Xorg manualy)

Back