Dolphin Plasma5: no root folders

I have searched widely online to find answers how to get root folders to appear in Dolphin & have tried a few things in Dolphin itself, but without success.
Could you tell me how to achieve this?

Also, can I automatically open these folders as a superuser or does that need to be configured?

Thank You.

Hello dalpets,

To come to the root folders click on the arrow at the bold written Home.
1576064562899.png

Also, can I automatically open these folders as a superuser or does that need to be configured?

You can open some directories from the usr account but not all.

In x11-fm/xfe those you cannot open, such as /root/.dbus, are marked with a padlock. In the same directory I can open /root/.config but not all sub-directories contained therein.

If you are interested in "visual" file management for the root user, suggest a terminal file manager such as sysutils/lfm or misc/mc. Both are dual-paned managers and show source/destination. Very easy to use although midnight commander (mc) is more full featured. They run in a terminal so will use terminal editing tools for text files by default.

in the Desktop directory create file root.desktop
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Icon=folder-root
Name= Root directory
Type=Link
URL=/

or click right mouse button on dolphin left area called "places ". Then click add, then add label and destination what you want. for example
label root
place /

Back