• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you $support$ the FreeBSD Foundation?

Do you support the FreeBSD Foundation?

• No

Votes: 36 46.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 41 53.2%

• Total voters

roddierod

Aspiring Daemon

sk8harddiefast

Daemon

No because I have no money :( I live with 400 euros from my grand father per moth, with my girlfriend and we still are empty of money and I cannot find job because of the economic crisis in Greece . If I could, Yes. I want to give some money with pleasure

Savagedlight

There are more ways to contribute than by donating money! Contributing in other ways, such as submitting PRs for bugs, writing/correcting documentation, or even being active in the community in general are all helpful and useful things to do. :)

BSDBernd

I donated to the foundation, supporting especially the lumina project....

pwr2srv

I finally found a Round To-it. I used it to subscribe to the online FreeBSD Journal AND got set up for an automatic monthly donation to the cause.

I really like the automatic means of donating. My new machine will save me that much in electricity, so, I have my Round To-it now. :e

cpm@

Staff member
Developer

I will donate before this year ends.

Why?

Because, FreeBSD rocks! Yeeeehaaaa! :D

petrek

I haven't, unfortunately all of the payment methods are unreachable for me. But I'm trying to help make FreeBSD better with other means :)

And I have some (completely private) thoughts. Although name says it's Free BSD, we should see it as in freedom, not as a beer. These two are contradictory, and freedom always comes at some price, sometimes even at the highest price. If you get something for free, you don't value it at all, and you're doomed to loose it sooner or later. So I have one suggestion. If you use binary packages try to support FreeBSD at least financially, if you can't, you don't have to use them, there is also a ports tree, so you can at least pay for it with your time and effort. It's worth it, don't you think?

cpm@

Staff member
Developer

Done! Today I finally donated. FreeBSD starts strong the current year!

bsdkeith

There are more ways to contribute than by donating money! Contributing in other ways, such as submitting PRs for bugs, writing/correcting documentation, or even being active in the community in general are all helpful and useful things to do. :)
I totally agree with Savagedlight, if you can't afford to send money, please just help out where you can.

NewGuy

I have donated to the Foundation. I think it is a good idea to support projects that we use, especially if we make a living using them.

pwr2srv

I signed up for a recurring monthly donation. It worked for about two months then stopped but I did not know why. I finally signed up again for the same donation method. When I filled in the expiration date to the card it occurred to me that I had been issued a new card and that is what ended the donation. Anyway, watch your statements and make sure your recurring donations are in fact recurring.

trev

Aspiring Daemon

My thread lives ... almost 6 years to the day :)

Yes, even in semi retirement, my annual $US 50 donation is still occurring despite the depressingly unhelpful $US <> $A exchange rate :(

jasonvp

Though a potential PITA, any thought by the mods here to add a tag to someone's name, status, or whatever that they donated?

cpm@

Staff member
Developer

We approach Year-end: My donation will come soon for the current year 2015 (MMXV) .

Long live FreeBSD! :beer:

leebrown66

There's a poll that has only one option - NO :eek:. If there was a YES, at least folk could anonymously make an indication.
Maybe it's just my browser?

fnoyanisi

Kiwi dollar is not as strong as USD, but I try to donate small/decent amounts (around 20 USD) to FOSS projects, such as LibreOffice and FreeBSD... In the past, I used to donate Wikimedia Foundation every year, but did not so this year (no particular reason).

I also try to contribute with bug reports and likes....

I have been using FOSS - several gnu/linux distros or BSD variants - since late 90s, but FreeBSD project is the one that I embraced most. I want to take this opportunity to thank people who are directly or indirectly contributed to this great project!

trev

Aspiring Daemon

There's a poll that has only one option - NO :eek:. If there was a YES, at least folk could anonymously make an indication.
Maybe it's just my browser?
I never included a poll when I started this thread some years ago, and it wasn't there last time I looked, but it is now with just a No option! Weird. As I can edit it, I've added a Yes option as there was no option to simply delete the poll.