• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you $support$ the FreeBSD Foundation?

Do you support the FreeBSD Foundation?

• No

Votes: 34 46.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 39 53.4%

• Total voters

SNK

Rasmussener

Not directly (in the dollar / peso exchange ratio is $ 1 == 3.74 pesos and _really_ low wages we get here, money is almost impossible .. let alone money to donate ..), but I manage my subscription on FreeBSD (freebsdmall.com), which, as far as I know, gives money back to the FreeBSD Foundation .. and if not, let me know so I can cancel and stay upright to send money to the Foundation.

alie

Aspiring Daemon

Time to give another donation since its almost end of year :)

wblock@

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer

Just a reminder: while bigger amounts help, the number of people that donate anything is important. The number of donors helps indicate how many people are using FreeBSD. It can help hardware vendors determine whether they should officially support FreeBSD. Even $5 counts for this. Of course, more is fine also!

Another way to help is find a friend who is using FreeBSD, and help them contribute. Offer to fill out the information for them on the Foundation web site, or offer to match their contribution up to a small amount. As people walked past the Foundation table at BSDCan, I started to offer matching contributions of $5 for up to four people. It took a long time to get there, because most donated on their own. They just needed to be asked.

markbsd

I would like to make a Bitcoin donation to the Developers but can't find a Foundation address. If anyone has this information, please post it here or send me a message. Thanks.

wblock@

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer

markbsd said:
Thanks, Warren, but there's no Bitcoin wallet address there.
No, but it does show contact addresses and the current methods available for contributions.

doalwa

I just made my annual donation of 50$! Oh, and just for bragging rights, it would indeed be pretty cool to see my name up on that donors list, but alas, I haven't been listed those past two years.

Anyway, FreeBSD deserves all the support it can get, I try to spread the word as well as I can, you just keep on making the best operating system on the market today, ok? :)

trev

Aspiring Daemon

doalwa said:
I just made my annual donation of 50$! Oh, and just for bragging rights, it would indeed be pretty cool to see my name up on that donors list, but alas, I haven't been listed those past two years.
Email deb freebsdfoundation org (add missing @ and dot) and she'll sort it.

rrichard

I gave £10 last year and will give at least the same again this year.
I hope the FreeBSD Foundation are accepting Bitcoin donations.