Solved Display issues on PowerPC, maybe Xorg or GTK?

rican-bsd

I have finally got xorg and xfce working on my iBook G4 with FreeBSD CURRENT. However I am seeing some display issues that have me thinking there may be a bug in either xorg or gtk3.

When I first ran xfce all the menus were blurred and menu option were unreadable.I have seen this in Linux when there was a bug in the latest version of xorg. However, the reason why I am thinking this could be gtk related, is because when I start change the themes I started to better display. Installing and using the numix themes really helped but I am still get parts of my windows that are unreadable. I am attaching some screenshots.

Screenshot_2015-08-05_05-32-28.png Screenshot_2015-08-05_05-31-02.png Screenshot_2015-08-05_05-30-32.png Any ideas would be appreciated.

ColdfireMC

Check if Composition is turned off in XFCE settings. Probably that xorg driver is not completely polished and alpha blending, and 3d effects are not working well

OP
OP
R

rican-bsd

Check if Composition is turned off in XFCE settings. Probably that xorg driver is not completely polished and alpha blending, and 3d effects are not working well
I needed to deactivate hardware acceleration in Xorg. I have been able to get hardware accelerated graphics working under Linux I do not see why it cannot be done on FreeBSD. I got a working DE for now is what matters. Now on to get Firefox built!

Last edited by a moderator:

ColdfireMC

I needed to deactivate hardware acceleration in Xorg. I have been able to get hardware accelerated graphics working under Linux I do not see why it cannot be done on FreeBSD. I got a working DE for now is what matters. Now on to get firefox built!
Make a PR with this issue