Disk Space

Hello. I have a problem with FreeBSD 9... I installed the system, default kernel and everything. I set up the DHCP, ipfw and pf.conf... That's all I need for now. The problem is that yesterday everything worked like a charm. Today, the disk is 109% full.
Code:
cd /boot
du
returns:
Code:
56      ./defaults
8       ./firmware
370544  ./kernel
8       ./modules
8       ./zfs
372920  .
Is this normal?
The problem is that DHCP can't start because
Code:
/: write failed, filesystem is full
Any help is greatly appreciated.

hac3ru said:
Hello. I have a problem with FreeBSD 9... I installed the system, default kernel and everything.

Since you are out of space, a logical question would be "how big was the partition or disk used?"

I set up the DHCP, ipfw and pf.conf... That's all I need for now. The problem is that yesterday everything worked like a charm. Today, the disk is 109% full.
Code:
cd /boot
du
returns:
Code:
56      ./defaults
8       ./firmware
370544  ./kernel
8       ./modules
8       ./zfs
372920  .
Is this normal?
The problem is that DHCP can't start because
Code:
/: write failed, filesystem is full

Normal? No. Looking in /boot really doesn't tell anything other than that it is not the problem. For a start, answer the question above and show the output of df -h.

Sorry. I forgot to specify that I'm using an 80Gb HDD.
The problem is solved now. I deleted all the logs... Still, i had to restart the system before it was cleared and that kind of messed me up cause I was expecting to see the space free after I removed the logs... DHCP did a huge log... Deleted it and now it's ok...
Thanks for help. I hope it's everything ok now. Have a nice evening :)

hac3ru said:
I set up the DHCP, ipfw and pf.conf... That's all I need for now.

Assuming that's not a typo, pf.conf does not configure the ipfw firewall, it is used to configure rules for the pf firewall. They are two different firewalls, choose one or the other.

Personally, I like the pf firewall best. If that's what you choose you would use these parameters in your /etc/rc.conf file to enable it:

Code:
pf_enable="YES"
pf_rules="/etc/pf.conf"
pf_flags=""
pflog_enable="YES"
pflog_logfile="/var/log/pflog"
pflog_flags=""

Ermm... I`m using pf.conf for ports and stuff... Firewall basically. IPFW is used for bandwidth control... I`m used this way so ...

hac3ru said:
Sorry. I forgot to specify that I'm using an 80Gb HDD.
The problem is solved now. I deleted all the logs... Still, i had to restart the system before it was cleared and that kind of messed me up cause I was expecting to see the space free after I removed the logs... DHCP did a huge log... Deleted it and now it's ok...
Thanks for help. I hope it's everything ok now. Have a nice evening :)

Disk space is returned when all processes that were using the deleted files are terminated, you probably could have restarted the DHCP service instead of rebooting the entire system ;)

Back