Disable for autoloading module in 14

I have faulty ethernet card which is served by em(4) driver (EEPROM problem). I have eliminated the driver from my custom kernel and it is absent in loader.conf, but still it is somehow automatically loaded in the boot process only making it a bit longer, diagnosing faulty EEPROM.
So the question: is there a way not to load this module automatically?

If you have other cards served by the same driver it may be difficult to disable the whole thing.
Can you simply remove the bad hardware or is it built in?
If it's built in, can you disable it from BIOS?
Perhaps devd hooks can be used if it's now getting loaded later than "loader"

If you have other cards served by the same driver it may be difficult to disable the whole thing.
Can you simply remove the bad hardware or is it built in?
If it's built in, can you disable it from BIOS?
Perhaps devd hooks can be used if it's now getting loaded later than "loader"

Luckily, the one that is working is served by re(4) driver.

By the way, somehow faulty intel em(4) card still works in Windows, despite EEPROM error. As I've seen it probably could be restored by rewriting this EEPROM, but it is cumbersome for me now. So, I am planning to replace it with a Broadcom bge(4) PCI-E card.

Is that a boot ROM? Or some firmware of the card? What's the exact model of the card?
Code:
em0: <Intel(R) Legacy PRO/1000 MT 82540EM> port 0xe400-0xe43f mem 0xfebe0000-0xfebfffff irq 21 at device 6.0 on pci4
em0: The EEPROM Checksum Is Not Valid
em0: IFDI_ATTACH_PRE failed 5
device_attach: em0 attach returned 5
em0: <Intel(R) Legacy PRO/1000 MT 82540EM> port 0xe400-0xe43f mem 0xfebe0000-0xfebfffff irq 21 at device 6.0 on pci4
em0: The EEPROM Checksum Is Not Valid
em0: IFDI_ATTACH_PRE failed 5
device_attach: em0 attach returned 5
Here's what I have in /var/run/dmesg.boot
It's Desktop Intel PRO 1000MT PCI Gigabit card (PWLA8390MT).
I am not quite sure what should be in this EEPROM area.

Back