Disable auto-mute (snd_hda)

Hello, I have kind of a unique problem. I setup the audio server to enable my headphone jack in the front to work as well as the rear jack (Line-out). This is on a dell mini desktop. Unfortunately, it seems that the driver is designed to auto-mute either output when one is in use (i.e. when the headphone jack is plugged into the front, the rear jack mutes). The only problem is, I don't want this. I want both jacks pushing out audio, because I have a subwoofer that has a regular headphone jack (it's loud and awesome combined with my computer speakers). Is it possible to disable this mute feature or trick it in some way so I don't have to buy an audio splitter?

My /boot/device.hints entry

Code:
hint.hdaa.1.nid18.config="as=1 seq=0 device=Line-out"
hint.hdaa.1.nid17.config="as=1 seq=15 device=Headphones"

The snd_hda(4) man page entry that gives me doubts
Code:
"The sequence number 15 has a special meaning for
output associations.  Output pins with this number and
device type "Headphones" will duplicate (with
automatic mute if jack detection is supported) the
first pin in that association."
Output of sysctl -a | grep "hdaa.1.nid" condensed to the jacks in question

Code:
dev.hdaa.1.nid18_original: 0x01014010 as=1 seq=0 device=Line-out conn=Jack ctype=1/8 loc=Rear color=Green misc=0
dev.hdaa.1.nid18_config: 0x01014010 as=1 seq=0 device=Line-out conn=Jack ctype=1/8 loc=Rear color=Green misc=0
dev.hdaa.1.nid18: pin: Line-out (Green Jack)
dev.hdaa.1.nid17_original: 0x02214040 as=4 seq=0 device=Headphones conn=Jack ctype=1/8 loc=Front color=Green misc=0
dev.hdaa.1.nid17_config: 0x0221401f as=1 seq=15 device=Headphones conn=Jack ctype=1/8 loc=Front color=Green misc=0
dev.hdaa.1.nid17: pin: Headphones (Green Jack)

Back