}
        .p-body {
                margin-top: 50px;
        }
        .fr-counter {
                display: none;
        }
}
in ~/.mozilla/firefox/<your_profile_dir>/chrome/userContent.css (create if it doesn't exist).
(Or ~/.moonchild\ productions/pale\ moon/<your_profile_dir>/chrome/userContent.css if you're using palemoon.)
screenshot100-png.5872

Never heard that word before, either. Maybe he means the Forums menu bar that stays at the top of the page when you scroll down? Personally I think it's useful because it makes navigating the pages easier and more convenient. Please do not remove it. However, maybe it could be made a per-user option that could be switched off in the user settings, for those who don't like it.

Never heard that word before, either. Maybe he means the Forums menu bar that stays at the top of the page when you scroll down? Personally I think it's useful because it makes navigating the pages easier and more convenient.
But it is impossible to scroll forum with page up/page down keys with this useless header,
also, it is also visible in this way for guests, what is completely useless for them.
Also it is really very annoying IMHO, such headers are OK for some mobile phone
social network, but not for forums, because it overlaps text,
while text — is the most important thing on any forum.

But it is impossible to scroll forum with page up/page down keys with this useless header,
also it is also visible in this way for guests, what is completely useless.
Huh? Scrolling with PageUp/Down keys works fine her with Chromium. Even tried with IE on a Windows machine: works fine, too. And everything looks perfectly normal. It doesn't overlap anything that it shouldn't. If you think the rendering of the page is broken, maybe you need to update your browser.

And I don't understand why the Forums menu is useless for guests. The menu entries Search, New posts etc. can be useful for guests, too.

If it annoys the user and the user can remove it, all hail to the user.
Not every user is able to do that, for example, I know how to remove it on firefox, but I don't know how to remove it on chromium.

Huh? Scrolling with PageUp/Down keys works fine her with Chromium.
And I don't understand why the Forums menu is useless for guests. The menu entries Search, New posts etc. can be useful for guests, too.

Guests are here mostly because they searched some answers via search engine, but not to view some "new posts".
Also, it is always easy to press home key, to view "what's new" and other very interesting features.
For those who use touchscreen, it is possible to add some go to top button at the bottom corner.

Huh? Scrolling with PageUp/Down keys works fine her with Chromium. Even tried with IE on a Windows machine: works fine, too. And everything looks perfectly normal. It doesn't overlap anything that it shouldn't.
Really?
3xMWzGS.png

In this example it overlapped my post, after scrolling with page up/page down.
Try to scroll forum with page up/page down for some time, soon you'll hate this creepy header dickbar.

It wasn't immediately apparent to me, but he is right.
The issue is that when you scroll down with page down, the browser apparently scrolls down exactly one screen height. But the part that's under the top bar
is also part of that screen height. Thus, a part of a post might be hidden for the user, forcing him to scroll up the height of the bar.
I don't really know if there's anything to be done with css, but I think there is. I've been out of the css stuff a bit too long to have an immediate solution though.

Personally, I really like the FreeBSD forums site: the "dickbar" never bothered me and in fact, I like the functionality. I am not mainstream though so my opinions are often not shared...

Personally, I really like the FreeBSD forums site: the "dickbar" never bothered me and in fact, I like the functionality. I am not mainstream though so my opinions are often not shared...
Before Xenforo was updated, FreeBSD forums were really pretty good and pretty usable for me,
I even liked its theme, even considering fact that I never was Xenforo fan, but after the update,
they (Xenforo guys) did something with the header... And dickbar was created.

Sorry to be ignorant, but I have no idea what Xenforo is and like NapoleanWilson, thought "Dickbar" was an annoying forum member ;)
XenForo — is a proprietary internet forum software, FreeBSD forums use it.
And Dickbar is really one of forum members, very annoying person... He is my personal enemy :D
I can't wait to see when this annoying dickhead will be banned. While I don't see him on firefox
based web browsers, but sometimes I use chromium, where he is always present for me.

dickbar does sound like the name of an establishment that might be found in London's soho,
it is rather an unfortunate turn of phrase that can be miss read in quite a few ways for comic effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back