Dell adapter USB-C to ethernet

Hi guys,
coming soon a laptop with a wifi module that unfortunately is not recognized by freeBSD. The card is this:

Single-chip, 2.4 / 5 GHz, 2 stream 802.11a / b / g / n / ac and BT 4.2
11ac 2X2 WLAN standards with low power PCIe (with L1 sub-state) interfaces + BT 4.2 with USB1.1 interface.
Module specifications: Next generation form factor, M.2, module size = 22mm x 30mm, Key (A-E)
Chipset: QCA6174A

I have already informed, soon the new driver that supports this chipset should arrive. In the meantime to have a working internet connection, if I buy this adapter (Dell USB-C DA300 or DA200), could I solve the problem?

Thank you all

Yes, Most all RALink USB sticks on the market will work. If range is needed get one with externally mounted antenna.
download all the packages from another machine with internet and then install in FreeBSD
All this driver is built in base. You do need to enable the firmware blob from loader.conf as per manual.
If you want to have it available on installation you might need to customize your memstick installer to add those two loader settings.

Yes, Most all RALink USB sticks on the market will work. If range is needed get one with externally mounted antenna.
All this driver is built in base. You do need to enable the firmware blob from loader.conf as per manual.
If you want to have it available on installation you might need to customize your memstick installer to add those two loader settings.
I'll try the solution that you propose as soon laptop arrives. Thank You.

Back