CUPS config question

So, I installed CUPS via pkg install cups. Then, like the mad scientist that I am, I copied /etc/cups/*.conf from a Linux box that had the same printer working, and I put them in /usr/local/etc/cups/. Then, I *tried* to start CUPS. That didn't work. So, I replaced /usr/local/letc/cups/cups-files.conf with /usr/local/etc/cups/cups-files.conf.sample. Then I restarted CUPS via service cupsd onestart, and amazingly worked.

The Linux box in question is running CUPS 2.4.7. My FreeBSD box is running 2.4.7. This was confirmed via dpkg -l cups on my debian box, and pkg info cups | grep -i version on my FreeBSD box.

That said, I when I try to print from Chrome, nothing appears to happen. So, I navigated to and checked on print jobs, and there were none, either active or completed.

So, I'm attaching said .conf files and inquiring if the good people of the Forums can point out where my CUPS config is broken. If I had to venture a guess, it has to do with the /usr/local/etc/cups/cups-files.conf. Thoughts?

So, I installed CUPS via pkg install cups. Then, like the mad scientist that I am, I copied /etc/cups/*.conf from a Linux box that had the same printer working, and I put them in /usr/local/etc/cups/. Then, I *tried* to start CUPS. That didn't work. So, I replaced /usr/local/letc/cups/cups-files.conf with /usr/local/etc/cups/cups-files.conf.sample. Then I restarted CUPS via service cupsd onestart, and amazingly worked.

The Linux box in question is running CUPS 2.4.7. My FreeBSD box is running 2.4.7. This was confirmed via dpkg -l cups on my debian box, and pkg info cups | grep -i version on my FreeBSD box.

That said, I when I try to print from Chrome, nothing appears to happen. So, I navigated to and checked on print jobs, and there were none, either active or completed.

So, I'm attaching said .conf files and inquiring if the good people of the Forums can point out where my CUPS config is broken. If I had to venture a guess, it has to do with the /usr/local/etc/cups/cups-files.conf. Thoughts?

Not sure why the config files didn't attach the first go around, so I'm trying again.

Back