Solved Cron issue during upgrade?

I'm currently upgrading my machine from 12.3 to 13.1.

Once I reached the step where I had to rebuild all my third-party applications, I was disconnected (internet issue) and I couldn't get back on. Once I got a KVM to communicate with my dedicated server, restarting sshd allowed me back on but now I see these errors :

Any idea what is causing this?

Code:
May 19 08:46:00 localhost /usr/sbin/cron[25958]: in try_dlopen(): /usr/lib/pam_opie.so.6: /usr/lib/libopie.so.8: Undefined symbol "srand@FBSD_1.6"
May 19 08:46:00 localhost /usr/sbin/cron[25958]: in openpam_load_module(): no pam_opie.so found
May 19 08:46:00 localhost /usr/sbin/cron[25958]: (CRON) error (can't start PAM)

errors.png

Cron tries to access some function from pam_opie shared library and the latter wants to use srand function from libopie, and that 'symbol' - srand (function entry) is missing. I would start with reinstalling whole call chain - cron, pam_opie, libopie. Such things happen when API of libraries change - functions are added/deleted or their signatures are changed. Edit: just a little more googling returned this.

Ok, it appears I was too focused on the cron errors that I didn't finish the last 2 steps in the OS update.

Code:
# freebsd-update install

Finally, reboot into 13.1-RELEASE
# shutdown -r now

After doing the above, the issues went away.

Back