Create custom FreeBSD .img from original FreeBSD-13.0-RELEASE-amd64-memstick.img

OP
F

fumanchu

Okay, I took your suggestion and updated the base.txz file with my updated packages. That was fairly easy to accomplish... except I am not getting the attached error when during installation... I will start over and see if I can reproduce this...

Attachments

• could_not_set_root_password.jpg
    could_not_set_root_password.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10

T-Daemon

Daemon

No problem here. The installation image with additional binary packages in base.txz included, copied on a USB stick, does install without any errors.

OP
F

fumanchu

Okay, I redid the steps and recreated the .img file. This time when I did the installation, I did not get that error... So that is fantastic! Not sure why it was messed up...

However, now I am stuck with another issue related to USB... I do not recall having this issue with the original memstick .img file. I will retry the installation with the original and see if I get the error...

Attachments

• freebsd_usb_boot_error.jpg
    freebsd_usb_boot_error.jpg
    729.1 KB · Views: 8
OP
F

fumanchu

Okay, after further research in the forums and installing from the original memstick .img file, the message still happens... The boot does eventually succeeds... which is good.

Anyways, I believe this solutions finally works and I have a custom installation .img file!

Thank you so much for the wonder help... it is much appreciated!