Copying a Wordpress site

I'd like to make a copy of a Wordpress site, since updates to existing sites have a habit of not working the way they are supposed to. After Googling for ways of doing this, the majority view seemed to suggest using a Plugin such Duplicator so I thought I go for the old 'point and click' method, but it turns out Duplicator looks troublesome from the start. For example, on Step 1 it says Requirements fail, whereas all the required elements pass, so I can't go on to Step 2. So, rather than struggle with the 'easy' method, I'd ask if anyone knows of a manual method. Presumably all that is required is to copy the Wordpress directory, with a few changes to a number of files, and copy the Wordpress database using some SQL and then extracting it to a different location.

Is that more or less it?

... So, rather than struggle with the 'easy' method, I'd ask if anyone knows of a manual method. Presumably all that is required is to copy the Wordpress directory, with a few changes to a number of files, and copy the Wordpress database using some SQL and then extracting it to a different location.

Is that more or less it?

You asked this already, and got a number of working answers.

Oops... Guess my internal ram is not functioning like it used to... Strange that that post didn't show up when I Googled.

Back