Solved console randomly turns off after boot using vt

I switched my vty to sc and so far it seems to be stable.
I ideally would like to turn the screen off after doing nothing after some period of time has elapsed; however, when I was running vt, my screen would not come back on.

My current /boot/loader.conf:
hw.vga.textmode=1
kern.vty=sc

Is there anything that would cause the screen to turn off and stay off? I did copy over configuration files, but I don't see anything that contains blank in /etc, nor do I see any errors in /var/log/messages or dmesg -a.

You are not running Xorg, just console? For Xorg, DPMS (as in xset +dpms) will work as a a way to turn off the screen (screensaver), but I don't think it is active with vt(4).

Right, I am thinking something else is going on, not quite sure what yet. I wanted to run memtest86+; however, when I try to start it, my system automatically reboots. I suspect that a bad configuration was causing this as I reinstalled and have yet to have this issue.

Yes, I'm not running Xorg - (in response to tingo). I haven't had this issue again, I am thinking that a bad configuration caused this. I run bsdinstall + shell scripts to get my system patched the way I want. Long-story short, after starting over from scratch and reapplying the patches, I no longer have any issues.

Back