Compile ctld on FreeBSD 12.2 with code from FreeBSD 11.4

I was wondering if it’s possible to compile ctld from sources 11.4 on 12.2. Simple make returns an error but maybe there is some way?
So to sum this up i want to take sources from Freebsd 11.4 and compile it on 12.2

Because I think that there is a bug in iSCSI handle in FreeBSD 12.x and want to check if it’s ctld or kernel issue.
here is link when I explain what bug is about

• The ABI compatibility layer for FreeBSD 4 to 11 is default for the generic kernel ( config -x /boot/kernel/kernel|fgrep COMPAT). So if you pkg install compat11x-amd64 on the 12.x system, the ctld(8) binary copied from your 11.x machine (or from an 11.x installation medium (for the same machine architecture)) should run... Which means that the program itself runs, but does not necessarily mean that the 12.x kernel behaves as expected ;) because only the newer ctld(8) of the same OS version does what the new kernel needs to behave as expected.
  • To compile the sources, you'll need at least the 11.x header files, maybe other parts of the 11.x sources. You must not copy these to /usr/src on any other FreeBSD version. Instead copy them to e.g. /home/giteh/projects/freaky/fbsd-11/src.
  • IMHO you should ask a short e-mail on the freebsd-scsi mailing list, including kindly asking for advice how to debug your issue.
Good luck!

Back