Solved clementine -> strawberry

So I've been using ports/audio/clementine-player for a while without incident, but the port was recently removed, as I learned when doing my monthly 'pkg upgrade' this weekend.

There was no mention of what to do when a port just disappears like that, but I found elsewhere the suggestion to move to audio/strawberry which is apparently an ongoing fork of clementine.

However, strawberry is not working for me. I get the following error:

GStreamer could not create the element autoaudiosink with name pipeline-2-autoaudiosink.

firefox is still able to play sound, in this case .flac, but in strawberry playback does not even start.

Ideas? I am running 13.0, just patched to p11. clementine has been removed by the pkg system, and 'pkg install strawberry' went without incident.... The app does run, but no playback.

So I've been using ports/audio/clementine-player for a while without incident, but the port was recently removed, as I learned when doing my monthly 'pkg upgrade' this weekend.

There was no mention of what to do when a port just disappears like that, but I found elsewhere the suggestion to move to audio/strawberry which is apparently an ongoing fork of clementine.

However, strawberry is not working for me. I get the following error:

firefox is still able to play sound, in this case .flac, but in strawberry playback does not even start.

Ideas? I am running 13.0, just patched to p11. clementine has been removed by the pkg system, and 'pkg install strawberry' went without incident.... The app does run, but no playback.
Strawberry needs the proper gstreamer plugins to play what you want. I didn't include those to not make it filled with deps that could end up unused (and cluttering the system). So if you want to play mp3, install audio/gstreamer1-plugins-mpg123, etc.

I'm not sure what to do if 'pkg' isn't installing what I need....

I removed ~/.config/Clementine and hunted around for any residual config files, but didn't find anything....

I too was a happy user of Clementine. I have tried Strawberry, but it completely fails to scan my music library. I get the following error:
Code:
14:48:14.968 ERROR Database:508                     Unable to execute SQL query:  QSqlError("19", "Unable to fetch row", "NOT NULL constraint failed: songs.ctime")
14:48:14.968 ERROR Database:509                     Failed query:  "INSERT INTO songs (title, album, artist, albumartist, track, disc, year, originalyear, genre, compilation, composer, performer, grouping, comment, lyrics, artist_id, album_id, song_id, beginning, length, bitrate, samplerate, bitdepth, source, directory_id, url, filetype, filesize, mtime, ctime, unavailable, fingerprint, playcount, skipcount, lastplayed, lastseen, compilation_detected, compilation_on, compilation_off, compilation_effective, art_automatic, art_manual, effective_albumartist, effective_originalyear, cue_path, rating) VALUES (If Things Were Perfect, Play, Moby, Playartist, 13, -1, 1999, -1, Pop, 0, , Moby, , , , Moby_id, Play_id, , 0, 258664000000, 150, 44100, -1, 2, 1, file:///library/music/lossy/Moby/Play/13%20If%20Things%20Were%20Perfect.mp3, 8, 4845500, 1472811459, , 0, , 0, 0, -1, 1651063690, 0_detected, 0_on, 0_off, 0_effective, file:///library/music/lossy/Moby/Play/cover.jpg, , Moby, 1999, , -1)"
14:48:14.968 WARN  ScopedTransaction:37             Rolling back transaction

I too was a happy user of Clementine. I have tried Strawberry, but it completely fails to scan my music library. I get the following error:
Code:
14:48:14.968 ERROR Database:508                     Unable to execute SQL query:  QSqlError("19", "Unable to fetch row", "NOT NULL constraint failed: songs.ctime")
14:48:14.968 ERROR Database:509                     Failed query:  "INSERT INTO songs (title, album, artist, albumartist, track, disc, year, originalyear, genre, compilation, composer, performer, grouping, comment, lyrics, artist_id, album_id, song_id, beginning, length, bitrate, samplerate, bitdepth, source, directory_id, url, filetype, filesize, mtime, ctime, unavailable, fingerprint, playcount, skipcount, lastplayed, lastseen, compilation_detected, compilation_on, compilation_off, compilation_effective, art_automatic, art_manual, effective_albumartist, effective_originalyear, cue_path, rating) VALUES (If Things Were Perfect, Play, Moby, Playartist, 13, -1, 1999, -1, Pop, 0, , Moby, , , , Moby_id, Play_id, , 0, 258664000000, 150, 44100, -1, 2, 1, file:///library/music/lossy/Moby/Play/13%20If%20Things%20Were%20Perfect.mp3, 8, 4845500, 1472811459, , 0, , 0, 0, -1, 1651063690, 0_detected, 0_on, 0_off, 0_effective, file:///library/music/lossy/Moby/Play/cover.jpg, , Moby, 1999, , -1)"
14:48:14.968 WARN  ScopedTransaction:37             Rolling back transaction
Strange. For sure isn't encoding in the filename (I have a mix of encoding on my library) maybe is something that could be reported upstream.

Strawberry works fine for me. I like it. I even love it. Do you have files with "weird" characters ?
Probably isn't the issue, I have files with a bunch of different characters (russian, greek, even the infinite symbol). But who knows.
neal I'm not sure if you're using quarterly, but I would suggest compiling from ports (from now) since 1.0.4 was commited yesterday.

It's very strange. I'm using the latest branch, not quarterly (Does anyone use that?). I even tried a rebuild from ports, but it's the same version I have anyway (1.0.4_1). I get exactly the same problem, even if I just try to set the library to one album that's guaranteed not to have any funny characters. Every time I get a not null constraint failure. I am accessing the files over nfs though, but surely that can't make a difference.

Ahh Clementine I miss you. You just worked.

Back