Solved Clang-it-dy clang clang error using codeblocks.

I'm getting tired of asking simple wtf questions...
I installed codeblocks on this set it up for the fbsd FreeBSD includes and libraries. /usr/local/include /usr/local/lib on this laptop system I am seeing this when I try to compile the code.

Code:
||=== Build: Debug in mhsetroot (compiler: LLVM Clang Compiler) ===|
/usr/bin/ld: error: /usr/local/lib|1572|unclosed quote|
||error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)|
||=== Build failed: 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s)) ===|
unclosed quote in /usr/local/lib ... huh? in a file or what?

on the command line I get this
Code:
$ clang  -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib filelist.c -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib main.c -lX11  -lImlib2

then

[userx@FreeBSD12 mhsetroot]$ ./a.out -b blue -s -F /home/userx/Images/wallheaven
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
that Segmentation fault (core dumped) is me not getting it completely right yet, that is not part of this post.
the point is that it works on the command line but in this laptop codeblocks is giving me that unclosed quote in /usr/local/lib.

I don't know if this is just a useless rant or something that can be fixed.

I am kind of new to the compiling part past the gcc main.c part. is that actaully the peoper way to write in the -I and -L in that line or is it over kill? (btw)

It only has to be supplied once.
thanks, I am basically done, it works to where I wanted it to get it to do now. anything more is just adding even more to its capabilities beyond just working like it should with themode I did to it.

I'll mod that -I and -L thought.

thanks.

I marked it solved only due to I didn't feel like speanding a day trying to figure out the why behind CodeBlocks and so I went to the command line for this one.

Back