chromium

Just installed chromium but it doesn't load pages. It tries to load, then a box pops up saying
Code:
pages are taking too long to respond
then it gives me two choices, kill or wait. Has anyone had the same problem?

cheers

Thought I would have to reinstall it again. It took hours the first time. Hopefully a solution soon.

I've heard that on FreeBSD systems less than 9.X, the Chromium port is buggy. Starting with "--single-process" parameter might help.

Yeah, ite works with "--single-process". I started it from the command line. Chrome does say below toolbar
Code:
You are using an unsupported command-line flag --single-process. Stability and security will suffer[code] Don't know what effect this is having but at least it d does work. Hopefully someone will have a fix by the next update of chrome.

wokko said:
..yeah she works with "--single-process"

Same here. Pages wouldn't load until using this command line argument.

One of the reasons I was excited to try chromium was because of it's smaller footprint, but....

% top -b -o res

shows chromium can use over 200MB of memory, often more than firefox. Browsers like midori and surf are looking more appealing.

While chrome/chromium is a lot faster and has other great appealing features in my experience, it uses a LOT of memory. Especially if you have a lot of tabs running.

Back