Chromium package.

Hello there,

Just a quick question, when the chromium package will be available on latest again? I reallly need this package but is not in the packages. The linux version of chrome doesn't work for sharing screen in meet; however, the chromium package works well.

Thank you.

Given some build error is immediately fixed, it typically takes around a week until a new round bulk-building the repositories completes.

Thanks for your answer. So, it could be that in a week I will be able to install the package again right (I mean, it doesn't matter that is not the latest version of chromium, just a version of chromium)?

There will never be an old version of a package If current versions were already missing for a longer time, there seems to be a longer-standing issue, and I'd assume there would also be a PR about it?

In such a case, your only option would be to build the port locally (which in case of chromium requires considerable resources, which might be related to the issue after all). Even if you could find an older version, using that is a dangerous idea ... security vulnerabilities are found all the time in these "modern" fat browsers, and they're a prime attack target ("everyone" runs them, connecting to virtually "anywhere"), so the only sane defense is always keeping up to date with updates.

So, if the package version is not listed in the system, can I still build the port? The last time thay I tried that I had some issues trying to build. With the latest version I mean not the version 122.0.6261.128, but one previous version. I will wait one week, and if the package version is still not available, I will try to build it one more time. Thank you for your help.

So, if the package version is not listed in the system, can I still build the port? The last time thay I tried that I had some issues trying to build. With the latest version I mean not the version 122.0.6261.128, but one previous version. I will wait one week, and if the package version is
Chromium is failing to build on the FreeBSD package cluster so it's quite likely that you won't be able to build it either until the problem is fixed. If you keep an eye on https://www.freshports.org/www/chromium/#packages you will see when it becomes available in latest. In the meantime you could try installing version 122.0.6261.111 from the quarterly repo but this version does have security vulnerabilities.

How can I install that version using the quarterly repo if I'm currently using the latest one? Thank you for your help.

How can I install that version using the quarterly repo if I'm currently using the latest one? Thank you for your help.
Edit /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf
Code:
FreeBSD: {
url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/quarterly",
}
and run pkg fetch chromium as root. This will download the package into/var/cache/pkg/ from where it can be installed with pkg add. But by mixing quarterly and latest you will probably run into dependency issues.
The safest approach would be to change /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf as above then don't download the package but run pkg install chromium. However this will downgrade many of your packages to earlier versions.

Back