Chrome and flash

Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone has flash-plugin going on chromium? I thought chrome built flash-plugin when you build the package. Maybe it doesn't or did I do something wrong ?

Flash works fine on latest Chrome for me. It picks up flash I've installed much earlier for Firefox. I guess you'll have to install Linux flash plugin and nspluginwrapper.

Nightweaver said:
Flash works fine on latest Chrome for me. It picks up flash I've installed much earlier for Firefox. I guess you'll have to install Linux flash plugin and nspluginwrapper.

Yeah I have already got that installed but still no flash.

Hey guys, I have already installed all off (Linux, Nswrappers etc.) and just to make sure I did it properly I put it all on again but still for some reason I have not got Flash working with Chrome.

Finally got it working with flash; all I did was deinstal chrome and then package_add -r chromium. Then I went to chromium in ports and updated it and chrome works with flash.

Here is how I got flash working with chromium on FreeBSD 10.0 RELEASE

Firstly, installed Firefox and got flash working there. Directions from the handbook.

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/desktop-browsers.html

Then installed chromium.

Then ran the following commands:

mkdir ~/.mozilla/plugins
cd ~/.mozilla/plugins
ln -s /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
ln -s /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/linux-f10-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so

Back