1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrome and flash

Discussion in 'Installation and Maintenance of Ports or Packages' started by wokko, Apr 26, 2011.

1. wokko

wokko New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone has flash-plugin going on chromium? I thought chrome built flash-plugin when you build the package. Maybe it doesn't or did I do something wrong ?

2. Nightweaver

Nightweaver New Member

Thanks Received:
    Flash works fine on latest Chrome for me. It picks up flash I've installed much earlier for Firefox. I guess you'll have to install Linux flash plugin and nspluginwrapper.

3. wokko

wokko New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I have already got that installed but still no flash.

4. ahavatar

ahavatar Member

Thanks Received:
  5. Nightweaver

Nightweaver New Member

Thanks Received:
  6. wokko

wokko New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, I have already installed all off (Linux, Nswrappers etc.) and just to make sure I did it properly I put it all on again but still for some reason I have not got Flash working with Chrome.

7. wokko

wokko New Member

Thanks Received:
    Finally got it working with flash; all I did was deinstal chrome and then package_add -r chromium. Then I went to chromium in ports and updated it and chrome works with flash.

8. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic New Member

Thanks Received:
    Here is how I got flash working with chromium on FreeBSD 10.0 RELEASE

Firstly, installed Firefox and got flash working there. Directions from the handbook.

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/desktop-browsers.html

Then installed chromium.

Then ran the following commands:

mkdir ~/.mozilla/plugins
    cd ~/.mozilla/plugins
    ln -s /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/npwrapper.libflashplayer.so npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
    ln -s /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/linux-f10-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so