Solved Chess engines

Hi!

In my young days Crafty was the best chess engine and as I see it is in the ports still. I didn't play so much with computer because I want to see opponent in front of me but now as an old timer I like to try against computer chess. Are there any new which are good or is Crafty the best choice still, please?
Thank you,

i strongly suggest lichess.org instead chess.com. it is completely open source and free. crafty no onger numero uno for many years. stockfish is an open source chess engine is the top one and available in ports/pkg.

i strongly suggest lichess.org instead chess.com. it is completely open source and free. crafty no onger numero uno for many years. stockfish is an open source chess engine is the top one and available in ports/pkg.
Thank you very much. I look for stokfish but stokfish needs polyglot and poyglot settyngs should be some where which I didn't find yet.

For gui board, i always used games/scid ( also in ports/pkg), marvelous tool, chess database management. You can install engine there. It comes with 3 polyglot books, created by Marc Lacrosse, who created polyglot ( passed away too early ).
P.S. in the past i was involved in chess engine competitions as a team member, so this is something i still remember. Not much, though :)

For gui board, i always used games/scid ( also in ports/pkg), marvelous tool, chess database management. You can install engine there. It comes with 3 polyglot books, created by Marc Lacrosse, who created polyglot ( passed away too early ).
P.S. in the past i was involved in chess engine competitions as a team member, so this is something i still remember. Not much, though :)
Is it possible to play human vs PC, please?

Back