Solved Checking memory (RAM) and blacklisting addresses

I vaguely remember a memory blacklist file, though... or did I just imagine that?
You might be thinking of the bad blocks list on old harddisks. There has never been a memory blacklist. Marking of bad blocks on disks has become a useless exercise. Disks nowadays have a spare bit of disk for this and the disk's firmware maps bad blocks automatically. When you actually encounter bad blocks showing up it means this spare bit is full and the disk needs to be replaced.

More or less the same with memory, if you encounter memory errors replace the module. It just doesn't make sense to map around errors.

You might be thinking of the bad blocks list on old harddisks. There has never been a memory blacklist. Marking of bad blocks on disks has become a useless exercise. Disks nowadays have a spare bit of disk for this and the disk's firmware maps bad blocks automatically. When you actually encounter bad blocks showing up it means this spare bit is full and the disk needs to be replaced.

More or less the same with memory, if you encounter memory errors replace the module. It just doesn't make sense to map around errors.

Yeah, that's it...

Well mystery solved... I'll just run a memory tester when convenient... I had some unexpected crashes using Poudriere and I think it might've been due to memory...

Linux has that feature; FreeBSD doesn't.

I believe we used it once on a system at work while we waited for replacement RAM to arrive. Was a bit of a pain to configure at the time, but it worked. Haven't really missed it since. :)

I think you have to map the "badram" address and somehow set/blacklist them in grub, but I do not really know.

Back