Cheap AMD GPU with smooth/best FreeBSD support

So I have currently problems using the iGPU of my AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3d due to lacking support by the drm-61-kmod.
I consider buying a cheap AMD GPU under 200$ (preferably in the 100-150$ range) with total FreeBSD support. I do not consider NVidia.

I come across a post of Vermaden using an RX570. Is it a good option? What would you recommend? I am not a gamer or do heavy GPU related work.
I just need 4K support, 165Hz refresh rate for my Dell G2724D monitor, watching YouTube videos without problems and FULL driver support.

An AMD RX570 would work great for your purposes. I was using an RX590 for several years, and it worked great. I purchase a used RX5700XT off ebay last year for about $175 USD, and it too, works great, but gives a little extra power for tasks that might need it (you never know what you might end up wanting to do, and it is nice to not be hardware limited in those situations).

So I have currently problems using the iGPU of my AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3d due to lacking support by the drm-61-kmod.
I consider buying a cheap AMD GPU under 200$ (preferably in the 100-150$ range) with total FreeBSD support. I do not consider NVidia.

I come across a post of Vermaden using an RX570. Is it a good option? What would you recommend? I am not a gamer or do heavy GPU related work.
I just need 4K support, 165Hz refresh rate for my Dell G2724D monitor, watching YouTube videos without problems and FULL driver support.
RX 580 8gb is a good one, very cheap and well supported, no need of drm-61 driver. But new AMD cards are also working well.

If you mean support as in driver support, there is no difference. An MSI model X will use the same driver as a Gigabyte model X. So long as the card model is the same. ATI and NVIDIA have reference designs, and when a partner (MSI, Zotac, etc) builds a card they follow that design. In a lot of cases, even the cards BIOSs are interchangeable within the same model of card.

Only difference will be physical appearance, cooler design (heatsink / fan) and perhaps slightly different clock speeds or memory configurations. You get the driver from AMD / Nvidia, regardless of who made (manufactured) the actual card.

Back