Can't login

I installed FreeBSD10.2 in VirtualBox and the installation went fine. After installation and reboot, after loading I get a login command. I typed my username and password and it said something like "Login incorrect". I typed my name and password, same. I even typed my e-mail and password and the same.

So, after installing FreeBSD how does one login to get to the desktop. Thanks.

I am not aware of any login issue on STABLE, and so I assume you probably mislead your username and/or password.

Have you tried to login as root?

Also, be aware currently "11.2" actually is 11-STABLE (what means it is stabilizing for the next RELEASE - the actual 11.2-RELEASE to be out in June), and it is not ever on BETA stage yet.

lebarondemerd, I installed the distro and after installation it told me to remove the disk and reboot. I did and it started loading and when the loading was finished the attachment below is what I see. Nothing happens after that. I have tried my user name and password, E-mail address and password and it tells me the login failed.

Untitled.png

Mannix, yes I am sure of the keyboard. Thanks.

Oh, by the way, I apologize for the mis-type, it is FreeBSD 10.2, not 11.2.

Hint: When the login banner says "(Amnesiac)" where your hostname (the name you gave the machine when installed) should be, chances are pretty high that you are still booting from a FreeBSD install image.

SirDice, thanks, will find a newer version. By the way, because I am trying to get away from Windows I have tried several Linux Distros. I really Like Linux Mint and Ubuntu. I can install either with no problem and use either with no problem. But is it the command line to do so much in Linux that is kicking by behind. But I am plodding away to learn Linux and, if I can, Window is gone and I have been a Windows user since Windows 95.

Back